Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post subject: Charlies Angels(Gottlieb)
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:44 am 

ok, while waiting for the latest animation (by batman) or by Gin, by someone else volunteer, I got this new table, inspired by a famous tv series, 70/80 years,that I remember when I was a kid.

I had the permission of Jpsalas, for the conversion from vpx to fp.the construction was easy (so to speak) all in all, apart that I lost many hours for the texture of the cabinet, but....an aspect that I have underestimated...is,the sound fact,I don't have the sounds produced by the "rom",this is always the biggest problem ... since you cannot use the "rom" in fp.

so I take this opportunity to ask if anyone could (if able) to extract the sounds of this table, so then I can do the script.

here are some pictures

Regards to all you

Post subject: Re: Charlies Angels(Gottlieb)
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:07 am 

Wow! Very cool Wild! Hope someone can get the sounds for you. I'm not aware of how to extract info from the ROM :(

-mark

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:03 pm 

If there is no other way, Audacity has the ability to capture sounds from your sound card. It might be possible to play JP's table and record the sounds it makes. I watched a video of the table and it does not seem to produce all that many sounds, mostly high and low pitched beeps.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:34 pm 

@ Wild - Table is looking great... and I have sent you a P.M.

Using the ROM with PinMAME, and knowing the correct key presses required (these can be identified within the 'Switch Matrix' chart of a Manual; generally speaking), it would be possible to emulate each shot and 'dump' the associated Music/SFX automatically :)

Anybody have the Charlie's Angels Manual? and willing to share it (or at least a copy of the 'Switch Matrix' chart)?

Also, if there are 'pitch' (frequency) variants used - the 'original' pitch sound can be played back at differing frequencies using the Future Pinball "SetFrequency" enumeration option of the "EffectMusic" command (as in 'Genesis' I believe (?)).

I appreciate that Audacity can record anything that your PC is playing back - albeit with the 'Stereo Mix' option of your PC's integrated sound chip-set / sound card enabled, but could take quite some time and effort... something this hobby takes great pride in :lol: (well.... at least for me :? )

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:24 am 

Thanks guys.

Gin,I can't find the manual, it seems it has been removed, it is only found in ebay.

It will be a big job "ugly".....I will try to record the sounds playing the vpx version, luckily there are few (at least I think), and there is no real music.(maybe I'll add the original soundtrack ;) )

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:16 am 

ok, I am proceeding well, I can record the sounds, so I go on, meanwhile here is the graphics for the hud....not bud,right!?! :D

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:25 pm 

Looking good...

Also, glad to see that you can record the sounds now :-)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:50 pm 

Gin wrote:
Looking good...

Also, glad to see that you can record the sounds now :-)

thanks Gin, but not from the rom ..... with the Fraps program, playing the vpx version.

a friend of Vpforums.org, he told me that it is complicated with the "rom" of these tables .... instead with the Zaccaria tables, he had no problems, to extract them, it seems easier.

here, I forgot to thank :oops:

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:29 pm 

ok, I'm almost ready to release this table,some other test, new tilt, if I can ... and something else to fix. I put a lot of effort into it (much less than batman) but with great accuracy.

I tried to create the system of lights and shadows-maps, as in
Star Trek Condition Red .... but I'm very far from how it does "slam"...make
I am not "slam",and not also a far relative :lol: ,so,better than that, I can't do,at least for now.

I did many things, I used the "new renderer activated",few lights on the table, allows me to play.
and I used...SetLightsDarkNight,shadow-maps....and everything else that I use, except the lights that change color, not necessary ... since it is not an update, but a first release....and something new,obviously, that is in theme, of the type of table.

what I hope is, that before the release, Rav, released a new version of Bam, with the function, which can be activated or not, by the script, regarding this

which for now is not working in script, so.. with the SetLights [color = # 00FF00] DarkNight [/ color].....the custom ball, and also the normal ball, is seen very dark, the textures are not seen, that's why of ball brigtness to 2.000 value....even if I put the clear values here..look in green

CharliesBall_1 = xBAM.BallManager.DefineCustomBall(252, 224, 224, "cb1", "334", "269")
CharliesBall_2 = xBAM.BallManager.DefineCustomBall(255, 255, 25, "cb2", "334", "269")

ok, I hope you like this table, I keep creating tables using Bam, it doesn't matter if people don't download it, because you have to use Bam ....... DEAR friend, (who doesn't download the table) you have to learn to use Bam
because with what I said and I think here ....viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5577&start=610

people do not download the tables with Bam ... I see it from the downloaders ...... not is it possible that all my tables with Bam have very few dowloaders,and (not counting batman, that I have to see how it goes)and others without Bam, have a lot of downloaders,for me this is inconceivable.

.......and I confirm my hypothesis by seeing also this .. ... TX Sector 1.1
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-24827-tx_sector

sorry for my words, and thank you all.

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:21 pm 

Paolo,

I am sure shadow maps were easy to set up on Slam's Star Trek because it has wide areas of solid color with low contrast. Ravarcade has said you can't see them on playfields that have high contrast. I have found this to be true. On some tables, I can't see them on the slingshots but can see them on the back part of the table. This was true on TOTAN. On some tables you can't see the shadow maps anywhere no matter how you adjust the settings. I sometimes go ahead and leave the shadow maps even though you can't see them because I like the lighting effects.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP