Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: BforArtists Free 3D Soft very similar as Blender3D
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:09 pm 

Hi there i have found a software that is based on Blender3D software. But it is more intuitive and there is less keypress button combinations shortcuts to do.

The software is called: bforartists. Here is the link about it:
https://www.bforartists.de/

So i wanted to share this software. There is a stable version and a beta under construction version. It is free and do not required payments.

Maybe some peoples already know about this software before me?

Hope that it will help peoples?

A+

Post subject: Re: BforArtists Free 3D Soft very similar as Blender3D
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 pm 

Looks interesting. Can it import Milkshape files?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:19 am 

Yes GeorgeH i think it can import and export Milkshape files.

I have downloaded the stable version wich is version 1.0.0

When BforArtists is open there is the spash screen.

At the top there is the text menu. You should see the word (File)

Clicking on it there is the sub option (User Preferences) wich make a windows pop up

There is then a "Tab" called (Addon). On the left you should see a "search (magnify glass)"

You then write in the search box (beside the magnify glass)....
ms3d
Wich is the Milkshape 3D format

After you should see some "check mark box". Checkmarking the box is like (On/Off)

From the same windows, you click on the button at the bottom called: (Save User Setting)

Once done, you can close the window; wich make you return to your previous window.

Now to check if its activated or not (On/Off)
You go at the top menu writen "File"
then the sub option (Import/Export), you should see "Milkshape 3D" that is added

I hope that these step by step instructions help?

A+

Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:08 pm 

Thanks! I will try it.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:44 am 

Glad to help GeorgeH

I'm gonna create when i'll have the time and the help of BforArtists users a guide on the software.

Because i think that this software can create Milkshape3D files, it may be good for FP software.

But as i told to them i'll need help from users that use this software to create a basic modeling free pdf guide for it. Even maybe later on create on the same soft other guides.

A+

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:58 pm 

If you are curious of the "unfinished guide". I only have made 8 pages that simply indicate how to install BforArtists. I have much much more to do.

The table of content, the thumbnails, the bookmarks, links; will be the last steps. Brief i build the pages, then i do the linkings. In the past i have build the pages and linked them by progressing the pages, but there was a lot of errors for the finishing product.

That's why i build pages, then the rest; before my pdf guide is done.

Here is the link to the "unfinished guide" to my google drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ANvDZvigt1y_UpNUBHhKyY2pZLu8HMr

When i make new pages of my BforArtists free pdf guide, i simply update my document by replacing it by the previous version; so doing as this i dont have to make a new link.

A+

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:59 pm 

Thanks for doing this 20degree! Any thoughts on what makes BforArtists better than Blender or other 3D tools? If so, maybe add that to the guide you are making!

-mark

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:54 pm 

Well BForArtists from www.bforartists.de as i do think is the same as Blender 3D modeling software. But the big advantage "i think" by using it a little so far. The software need much less keyboard keys to be pressed to do some modeling actions. The BforArtists is more mouse click rather then keyboard keys click.

The guide i'm writing is for BforArtists stable version 1.0.0, wich is based on the software Blender version 2.79b. The new version they are making, what ive heard should be based on Blender but version 2.83.

As my guide about Milkshape3D, i'll try to create some basic modeling actions with step by step images. Like creating a cube, moving the cube in the 3D space (rotating/translation/scale). I also think to have the same cube, but to move like: (a corner/an ending line that link two corners/ a face). Brief real basic things to do. Also indicate how to activate the plugin to import/export Milkshape3D model. Because Futurepinball can import Milkshape3D files. As told basic things to help.

A+

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:26 pm 

Just letting know that ive updated a bit my free pdf guide about BforArtists. I have still much to learn about it. But as always my free pdf guides are simple to learn and easy to do some experiments.

So far i have made 15 pages. It indicate how to install BforArtists, how to move, rotate, zoom the scene. The different views as (Front/Back/Left/Right/Top/Bottom/Ortho-Perps). How to create a 3D cube model. How to move, rotate, scale the hole cube in the scene. How to move, rotate, scale a corner, edge, face of the cube.

The next thing i try to learn is:
How to divide an edge into 2 or more edges.
How to join some selected edges side by side into 1 edge.
How to split a face horizontal or vertical or both in 2 pieces or more
How to join selected faces that are side by side to make 1 face.

Here is the url to my free pdf guide (note that it is still under construction), but you can take a look at it; and give my your points of views.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ANvDZvigt1y_UpNUBHhKyY2pZLu8HMr

A+

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:04 am 

A guy from BforArtists named: BFA-Reiner help me a lot to understand the software BforArtists. He is a fantastic person. Because of him i can understand how to do bit by bit more operations. Also update the guide i'm building for them free. A basic free modeling guide about BforArtists. You must understand that i have my ways of life, and that i'm a beginner into BforArtists.

But as always i'll make it simple to understand, also explain with step by step indications and images. You know that my free pdf guides about diverses softwares is of great use. Also that i'm always glad to help peoples with my free softwares pdf guides.

It's a good thing that there is peoples that help me to understand there softwares, it help me a lot to help you.

A+

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion